RAPPERS RESPOND TO COLORADO'S NEW MARIJUANA LAW: Rappers took to Twitter to respond to Colorado's Amendment 64 -- which made it legal to smoke marijuana in the state. Lil Scrappy wrote, "It would be great if I was still blowing but I'm on chill mode for God. Liquor is legal and less harmful ... so [weed] should be legal everywhere too." Cash Out wrote, "It's great! I wish they would legalize weed everywhere and there would be way more happy people in this country." Future tweeted, "Hey s**t, I don't live in Colorado but when I get there for a show we can smoke. They need to bring [this law] to Atlanta."
JAY-Z AND COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE NEW YEAR'S EVE SHOW: Jay-Z and Coldplay have announced that they will be performing at Brooklyn's Barclay's Center on New Year's Eve. On New Year's Eve 2010, Jay and Coldplay both performed at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas -- along with Kanye West, Beyonce and John Mayer.
MEEK MILL SPEAKS ON HIS TROUBLED PAST: Philly MC Meek Mill has opened up about his troubled past. In an interview with MTV, Meek talked about going to jail at 18, He said, "I caught a case and had 57 charges. Young guys that get caught with a gun - they're gonna automatically charge you up. All I did was walk outside with a gun." Meek revealed that the majority of the charges got dropped, but he had to serve time on weapons charges. This is when he knew he wanted to change his life for the better. He said, "I just [didn't] wanna die. I [didn't] wanna get shot or get life in jail because that's the usual script. I ended up going about 20-something months and realized that wasn't the place I wanted to be."
FRENCH MONTANA RELEASES TRACKLISTING FOR 'MAC & CHEESE 3': French Montana has release the tracklisting for his new mixtape Mac & Cheese 3. The mixtape will include appearances from J. Cole, Ma$e, Rick Ross, Trina, Tyga, Fat Joe, Mac Miller, Diddy, Red Cafe, and MGK. No specific release date has been announced as of yet.
JUELZ SANTANA ANNOUNCES NEW MIXTAPE: Juelz Santana took to Twitter to announce new mixtape. The Harlem MC announced that the mixtape will be entitled GODWILL'N. There is no specific date on when the mixtape will be released.
YOUNG DRO SUED ORDERED TO PAY $67,000 FOR UNPAID MASERATI: According to TMZ.com, rapper Young Dro has been ordered to pay $67,000 for his unpaid 2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport. Earlier this year, the rapper was sued in an Atlanta court after he defaulted on the payments.
REPORT: CEE-LO GREEN INVOLVED IN FIGHT WITH TWO WOMEN
Reports say that Cee-Lo Green was involved in a physical altercation with two women last year in Miami Beach. According to TMZ.com, according to law enforcement, the women told cops that they met the Voice judge at a nightclub and were invited back to his hotel room. Once they got there, one of the women started to argue with Cee-Lo and that is when he asked them to leave. Cee-Lo and another witness told cops that the women were both intoxicated.
According to the report, Cee-Lo started to walk one of the women out of the room. One of the women called him a "fat motherf**ker." He then responded, "You need to leave, b*tch." Cee-Lo and the women then started to argue outside and it turned physical. Cee Lo claimed that the woman started to punch and slap him in his face and they started fighting. Witnesses say that the other woman jumped Cee Lo from behind and started hitting him in the head.
RIHANNA TALKS ABOUT HER DUET WITH CHRIS BROWN
Just like Chris Brown, Rihanna has also denied that they are officially back together. During her live chat with Andy Cohen on Facebook last week, when asked what she thought about Chris, she said, "He's dope . . . He's kind of all right." When asked if they were back together, she simply replied, "Nope."
RiRi also talked about their duet "Nobodies Business." She said, "'Nobody's Business' is basically the way I look at everything regarding my personal life. Even though you have to witness it, it's being documented at every second, it still is mine. This is mine at this point."
She added, " If I had it my way, it would be really nobody's business. I can't escape that, and it sucks, but whatever."
CHECK IT OUT
CHRIS BROWN DENIES THAT HE AND RIHANNA ARE BACK TOGETHER
Despite the rumors, the photos and new song together, Chris Brown has denied that he and Rihanna are officially back together. In a radio interview, when asked if they are dating, he responded, "No, [but] I'm not uncomfortable talking about this. [...] With the video I did, I put a webisode out explaining my situation [and how I am] dealing with it."
CHRIS SPEAKS ON BEING IN LOVE WITH BOTH RIHANNA AND KARRUECHE
Chris also admitted that his ex Karrueche was upset about the video that he made. On whether he is really in love with both RiRi and Karrueche, he said, "Yeah! I think when people say 'Chris How do you say that? You can't'...I guess when you feel it you will know it. It's not something I can sit there and say I'm an expert on [...] its nothing like that. It's a touchy situation. It's difficult. . . . as far as the world goes, I'm not asking them to accept that. You know, like, buy an album damn it! Buy whatever it is that you want to hear me say because I'm saying it on this album."
IS QUEEN LATIFAH GOING TO COME OUT THE CLOSET ON NEW TALK SHOW?
Rumor has it that Queen Latifah is going to come out of the closet on her upcoming talk show. According to The National Enquirer, sources say that Latifah is finally ready to opened up about her personal life.
A source said, "She's going to open up, and her official announcement (coming out) will no doubt have fans glued to their TV screens. It will be impossible for her to do a daily talk show and not address the issue of her sexuality. She just wants to do it in her own way, on her own show!"
ROYCE REED CONFIRMS DEPARTURE FROM 'BASKETBALL WIVES'
Royce Reed has confirmed that she will not be on the next season of Basketball Wives: Miami. The reality star took to Twitter this past weekend and wrote, "I was trying 2 wait till y'all saw it but ppl ask me everyday sooo I have NO IDEA whn BBw Miami comes back. I'm not on the next season. I have my dance company 2worry about & using my degree. Will def keep u updated on the NYC play, dance workout video & studio opening!"
THIS JUST IN: OBAMA WINS FLORIDA: Florida has finally finished counting the votes cast in last Tuesday's elections. The state finalized the count just in time for Saturday's noon filing deadline. Election Day was a nightmare for Floridians, with many waiting four hours or longer to cast their ballots. It was just as bad in the previous days, when the state's polls were open for early voting. Governor Rick Scotthas ordered a review of the state's election process.
With the Florida vote in, we now know that the final electoral vote count is 332 for President Barack Obama and 206 for Republican candidate Mitt Romney. The president's margin of victory was razor-thin. The final tally shows him winning 50.01 percent of the Florida vote, compared to 49.13 percent for Romney.
In most years, Florida's 29 electoral votes are decisive in getting one candidate over the 270 threshold. This year, Ohio got in earlier by nearly four days.
TWELVE THINGS NOT TO BUY DURING THE HOLIDAYS (Yahoo)
1) Laptops. Most new laptop models are released in October or November, just in time for holiday season. If your top goal isn't to own the latest technology, you'll find a better deal on laptops in early fall as retailers will be discounting older models to make room for new inventory.
2) Cameras. Find the best deals on cameras in February, when newer camera models are introduced. By late February, older camera models sell at discounts of 30-percent or more. Presidents' Day weekend is a good time to find sales.
3) Skis. The best time to find deals on skis is in March and April, as ski season winds down. Stores will discount models from the past winter.
4) Bicycles. Cold weather is in fact the best time to buy a bicycle -- if you wait until after the holiday rush. Shops will be offering steep discounts on older models, and are more likely to throw in free extra accessories because they are looking for business during the slow winter months.
5) Cars. Find the best deals on cars during the day on New Year's Eve. Car dealers are in the mood to haggle and clear the inventory before year-end to make room for new models and earn manufacturer incentives. TrueCar estimates vehicles will average 9% below sticker price on December 31st.
6) Cruises. Book the best deal on a summertime cruise during "wave season" which runs January to March. Cruise lines will be competing for customers and offering deals as a result.
7) Luggage. The months after the holidays are quiet periods for vacations, so stores will lower prices on luggage. Buy your new suitcase in February or March for the best deal.
8) Jewelry. Jewelers are more willing to negotiate in April, after tax season, and in July and August when there are no gift-giving holidays.
9) Linens. Wait for January "white sales" before buying sheets, blankets, and towels. Look for discounts in department stores and from some catalog retailers ranging from 10-percent to 60-percent.
10) Tools. Wait 'til Father's Day to give Dad his new drill- prices on tools will fall by 25-percent by June.
11) Suits. Wait until January, when spring collections arrive at stores and Fall and Winter suits go on sale.
12) Broadway Tickets. Get the best ticket prices in January, February, or July. Tickets are cheaper because fewer people are seeing shows